Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLHIV asked by clinic(whom I disclosed my status) to sign a waiver for them to inform my status to employer

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

arrowedclockcompass

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I was hired locally and opted in disclosing my status to my employer. I did the necessary pre employment medical from a clinic the company was tied to. I then disclosed my status because their form asked for the medications I am taking. After a week, I was asked by the company to report back to the clinic. When I get there, I was taken in a room with an HIV personnel and was asked to sign a waiver that's allowing them to disclose my status to the company which I opted in the first place. the facilitator told me that it was instructed by the attending physician who did my physical exam. She introduced my to the physician and was told it's only my option. I stand on my ground not to sign any waiver since the physician can't explain anything else but, that I informed them my status whereas it was from the form they gave.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

what is the question?

3PLHIV asked by clinic(whom I disclosed my status) to sign a waiver for them to inform my status to employer Empty my question Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:48 am

arrowedclockcompass

Arresto Menor

are they violating RA 8504 for discrimination?

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

i don't see any discrimination on their part yet

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum