Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROPERTY OWNERSHIP W/C WAS SOLD TO FOREIGNER WHO EVENTUALLY DIED

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dreamer03

Arresto Menor

i sold a piece of land to an American thru a Deed of Transfer only. The American eventually died and thus, the TCT was not transferred under his name. Of course it's still under my name.

Now, his filipina mistress is claiming the Title. Does she have the right to claim it? If she is found to be secretly married to that filipina, does she have the right?

Thank you very much!

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

No. In the first place, even if the foreigner is still alive, he would never have been considered the owner of the property because he is prohibited to own land in the Philippines (unless he is a former natural born Filipino). https://www.alburovillanueva.com/land-titles-property-dealings That will remain true even if the American is later on found to be married to that Filipina. That Filipina would not have any right to claim the land, considering that her husband never became its owner.

dreamer03

Arresto Menor

Thanks sir.... how about his other condo units and condo parking areas owned. I believe he still has other condo properties? Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum