Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question about the difference about Monthly Pay and Daily Pay.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JustAskingSomeQuestions

Arresto Menor

Hello everyone. I would just like to ask about the difference between monthly and daily pay as I feel like we're being done bad.

We were hired stating that we're on a monthly salary basis given in two weeks intervals. We just got our salary and our boss calculated our salary on a daily payment basis.  Hence we got smaller salary than we expected.

As I understand, an employee on a monthly salary basis earns his whole salary no matter how many days of the month there is work providing that those days he didn't work are not absences. So a salary in February is the same as the salary in say April. And that 'daily rate' is only counted if deduction is needed due to absences or lates. Is that right?

Or what our Boss' doing just right? Saying we're on a monthly basis but counting our salary by the day? I'm very confused. Please help.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

First check what your contract stated. Does it state that you are monthly or daily paid? or if you can see numbers only then it would state that you are either getting a salary of either 13,094.00 or 502.00. The former is monthly and the latter is daily.

Now there is always confusion on this - "salaries are monthly rated but daily computed". if this is the scenario, you still are a daily paid employee.

hope this helps

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum