Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Death of sole proprietor

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Death of sole proprietor Empty Death of sole proprietor Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:39 pm

Gyzl

Arresto Menor

Would like to seek help regarding the family business of my husband. His father recently passed away and the business is under his father's name. We were advised that when a sole proprietor dies and so is the business. Hence, they opened a new sole proprietorship with the same name but under his mother now. The business is into livestock trading and supply to different private and government projects. For government bidding, it is a requirement that they present previous transactions and completed projects. More often it is a qualifier that they already have completed projects with the government. Question is, can they still use the credentials and past transactions and completed projects of the business under his father's name? It is literally just the same business but different business owner now due to the death or his father. They are having a hard time deciding whether to participate in the biddings with the fear of disqualification due to technicalities like these. Are there laws stating that they cannot use and consider the previous projects as credentials due to change of owner? Thanks a lot in advance.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum