Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer of title/property from deceased Father

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GeneralRommel

Arresto Menor

Good evening.

Just want to ask, to know the best way (and how) to transfer the title of my Father's property to me or any of us children.

Both my parents are US citizens already.
We (my Father & I) executed a deed of sale last 2012 while he was still alive since the title is under his name. There's also acknowledgment of payment. However, we were unable to process the transfer until now.

He died last 2015 and still unable to transfer until now. With my mother also in the US, the title needs to be transferred off their name/s to prevent the US govt of "sequestering" their property here.

Can we still proceed to pursue the deed of sale and pay the supposed back taxes? Or, is it better to pursue an extra judicial settlement of estate, with my mother and siblings waiving their rights & interest in the said property in my favor?

Hope to get the more suitable legal advice.

Salamat po  Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum