Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

THAI NATIONAL need help on SMALL CLAIMS CASE

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kittima

Arresto Menor

Hello. I’m a Thai national from Bangkok. I met a filipina online and had a relationship with her. During our relationship I sent her money several times which amounted to more than 60,000 PHP. She promised to pay me back. Now we broke up and she is avoiding me when I try to collect the money she owes me. I want to ask for advice on what I can do since I am here in Bangkok now. If I have to sue her, I will. I have all the receipts of the money transfer transactions as proof. I am also not sure if the address she gave me is her real address. Any help/reply will be much appreciated. Pls help. I am helpless because I don’t know what to do from here in Thailand. Thank you very much.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You have to go to the Philippines to file a case against her, since filing a case on Thailand does not grant the courts there jurisdiction to try the case of the Filipina you met online. It becomes even harder to investigate your case since your correspondence was purely online and identities there are easy to forge using false pictures as profiles.

You should try consulting to your police agency there, especially on the department that deals with cybercrime issues.

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

I doubt he can claim his money back. Its foolish to trust someone you never meet in person. Even if you have all the receipt if you voluntarily send the money, you can't claim that she owes you this money, unless you record all your conversation with her that she agreed its just a loan.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

I concur, AWV, but he has to at least consult the government agency that can help him best in his situation so that they can give him authoritative advice regarding his troubles.

There is a hard lesson to be learned here, and I hope the OP has learned such.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum