Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Assume original name on 1st BC

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Assume original name on 1st BC Empty Assume original name on 1st BC Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:04 pm

juzzyjuzz7

Arresto Menor

Hello po, ask ko lang po. 2 po birth certificates ko with different surnames and unfortunately I've been using the 2nd late registration one all my life and in all my officials docs (passport, sss, employment & school records). I need to align my birth certificate with my baptismal certificate (hinihingi po ng ibang embassies) but it shows the surname on the 1st birth cert (which I don't use). Would it be easier to just assume the surname on my original birth cert? How can I update my passport & sss with the new surname? Do I still need a lawyer for all this? Thank you! Very Happy

2Assume original name on 1st BC Empty Re: Assume original name on 1st BC Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:49 pm

attyLLL

yes, you can just use the original one because it is the legally proper one. You can go to the DFA or the SSS and explain the situation

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Assume original name on 1st BC Empty Re: Assume original name on 1st BC Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:51 pm

juzzyjuzz7

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the response Atty. Di ko na po kailangan ng affidavits para i-request ang changes po?

4Assume original name on 1st BC Empty Re: Assume original name on 1st BC Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:06 am

attyLLL

You will have to ask the DFA and other agencies what they will require, but they are mandated to use your name as stated on the birth certificate

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum