Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can a debtor be forced to pay a debt?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can a debtor be forced to pay a debt? Empty Can a debtor be forced to pay a debt? Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:43 pm

jaYCee_jhon

jaYCee_jhon
Arresto Menor

Hi guys, I have an issue with my parents. And I am not really knowledgeable with regards to law concerning my issue. My father had a credit from someone with an agreement to pay through our coconut farm's profit quarterly in a yearly basis. Last 2012, a disaster known as "TYPHOON PABLO" destroyed our farm which caused our family to be unable to pay the debt. However, due to lack of profit, we can not fully pay the debt and yet we are summoned to pay it ASAP. Anything I could do with this issue? Honestly, we don't have anything yet to pay until we can rebuild the farm's state. And besides, the agreement says that "WE WILL PAY THE DEBT THROUGH OUR FARM'S PROFIT". Please have some time to answer me. Thank you in advance.

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

YES YOUR PARENTS MAY BE SUMMONED AND BE MADE TO PAY FOR THE MONEY THAT THEY TOOK AS LONG AS THE OBLIGATION IS DUE AND DEMANDABLE. If the property is in the name of the debtors then that can be attached or levied to pay for the debt.

IT IS UNFAIR TO ASK THE CREDITOR TO WAIVE THE DEBT JUST BECAUSE THE DEBTOR FELL ON HARD TIMES.

jaYCee_jhon

jaYCee_jhon
Arresto Menor

However, on the agreement, both parties have agreed that the debt will be paid through the farm's profit. And yet, we have nothing to pay as of this moment. How can we be able to fix this issue? Even by force or not, we cannot afford to pay this ASAP. The creditor is asking for an immediate payment.

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

I already answered your question.

jaYCee_jhon

jaYCee_jhon
Arresto Menor

Jadis, I would like to ask another question. My grandfather died on the year 2013, can he still be summoned? Apparently, this person I am talking to, also summoned my deceased grandfather.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum