Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

demand letter sent. need help

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1demand letter sent. need help Empty demand letter sent. need help Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:41 pm

yoh6781

Arresto Menor

hi

need help lang sa situation ko.

a client sent a demand letter stating that i need to reimburse them because they incurred expenses [200+k] when they assisted me [supplier] in the production of their order because the agreed time-table between me and my client is very different from their time-table between them and their client [i was outsourced basically].

prior to accepting this contract, i made sure that we follow my time-table and the contact person at that time told me that her boss already fixed the issue and we will follow the prescribed time-table and that 'best effort' na lang daw. after signing the contract i noticed na they are demanding that matapos yung order nila following the time-table between them and their client.

they offered to help in the manufacturing process and i accepted because at that time, naisip ko na i need to help them meet their obligation regardless of this sudden change since i can gain a good impression with them, plus it would mean na i can finish earlier

when i followed up on the remaining balance of their job order, they sent me a demand letter instead stating that i failed in delivering the goods on time and that i should be the one to pay for their additional expenses they incurred in assisting in the manufacturing process

the demand letter is using a quality of goods clause to hit me with that liability but all of the content of their reasoning is based on delivery dates/delays and nadeliver naman lahat within the time frame plus wala akong liability when it comes to the time-table

i dont know what to do here since im up against a corporation with a full legal team on their side and im a small-scale sole prop business

2demand letter sent. need help Empty Re: demand letter sent. need help Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:29 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

If you indeed agreed to deliver the goods, then they also have a cause against you based on your agreement. It would then appear that both of you has obligations to each other, and it's up to you how to resolve it. At any rate, your contractual obligations are enforceable against each other. You may try reading this, I hope it helps. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/contracts

3demand letter sent. need help Empty Re: demand letter sent. need help Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:20 pm

yoh6781

Arresto Menor

thanks for the response and the read

contract-wise both parties were able to fulfill the obligations save the fact that they haven't paid me the remaining balance even when complete delivery was made since a demand letter was sent to me hence the issue

in regards to their assistance in the manufacturing process, it wasn't part of any agreement, its more on they volunteered given that they are being pressured by their client to their agreed time-table

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum