Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal Advice: Investment or Scam ( Possible case)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AJ1980

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty,

My child has a Psychologist because my son (13 yrs.old) is going through something. A friend recommended him to us as a private Psychologist. I didn’t bother to verify if he’s credible and license. We hired him around August. At that time, he mentioned that he has a business (importing medicines from other countries) and ask me if I want to invest. I am no longer working as I have resigned from my work because of the family problem and merely to focus on with my 3 teenagers. I don’t have other source of income as my surrogate in-laws are helping me on my kids expenses. I invested a total of 250,000.00 which was the money I saved was supposed to be a capital to start a business. I invested and the 1st investment is 100K dividends to be paid out every 10th of the month. Which he’s able to give me last Oct. 10. but he failed to give for the Nov.10.

The 2nd, 3rd & 4th investment is amounting to 60, 000, 40,000 & 50,000 respectively 45 days term. He was able to pay the 2nd & 3rd investment including the dividends but with 2 weeks delayed based on the agreed date.

Now, I am after with the 160,000 (principal amount). For the 100K investment, he failed to give the dividend for Nov.& Dec. amounting to 60,000. For the 60,000 it was supposed to be paid out last Oct.12 for 75K (including the dividend). But to date, it hasn’t been paid which is more than 90 days already. Despite of several reminders, follow-up and promises on his side that he’s going to pay me but to no avail.

I also found out that he’s not a license Psychologist but he’s doing counseling to my son and to other people. My in-laws also paid 51k for the Psychological Test for my son a month ago. But to date, no test has been administered. He’s doing a home service counseling to my son and to his other clients as well.

I would like to seek your advice on how to go about this and what are the cases that I can file? I’d also like him to shoulder all the legal fees and to collect everything including the dividends for the 160 (principal amount) for a total of 235K. I haven’t included the other delays of payment. Because of the delay of the payment, I wasn’t able to pay my credit card which I incurred finance charges. Can I also include that?

2nd concern, I would like to ask if I am entitled for a free legal assistance or lawyer if ever the case would push through. I am a single mother with 3 kids. I don’t have work and living with my in-laws. I don’t have work since May. The daily needs is coming from my in-laws.

Appreciate your help on the above matter.

Thank you,
AJ

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum