Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Resignation/withdrawal of interest for employment (on Probation)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

iamsir

Arresto Menor

Hi all,

Well, I am a probationary employee (5 months) and wanted to know if there are legal aspects/issues when an employee decides not to continue working for the said company.

Given that I am a one man team (IT department) for a medium-large scale business. I have reviewed the terms of the probationary contract and I think there's nothing mentioned regarding termination from the employee's end.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Whenever you are going to separate yourself from the company, its SOP to submit a resignation letter stating that you wish to discontinue your contract. In case of a probationary period, if you are going to leave before your fifth month, submit a 30 days notice, or, upon being informed on your fifth month that you have passed the probationary period, tell them you decline to continue your contract.

hope this helps

iamsir

Arresto Menor

Thanks @mikos23! I have been to companies which I stayed for years and they all have SOP with regards to employment. Unfortunately, this company, from my point of view doesn't have some of the common procedures. Normally on my previous employers, they do address to me my status and inquires if I would like to continue during the start of the final probationary month.

Oh well, might as well inform them ahead of time. As they do take a LOT of time when it comes to recruitment. FYI I was hired after 1-2 months after the previous employee left, without any formal turnovers LOL.

Oh, if I may add an inquiry, my previous colleagues have asked me if I can ask for an additional compensation for the additional tasks other than handling the whole company operation. Is it even OK to do this?

Thanks.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

It is okay to ask, but most of the time the company doesn't give it.

If you ask now, they will see it that you are just asking for additional compensation and threatened them with resignation if you didn't get what you ask for.

iamsir

Arresto Menor

mikos23 wrote:It is okay to ask, but most of the time the company doesn't give it.

If you ask now, they will see it that you are just asking for additional compensation and threatened them with resignation if you didn't get what you ask for.

I believe so too. I'm just thinking that maybe if they understand the needs of the company and still push to only have one individual to cater all the necessary services of a whole company, they at least, give some credit. Well, I think it's been years that they never even plan to have a department or to add additional manpower.

I'll just stick to the my plan on informing them of my interest and give them some hints on 'what to do next'. This is my worst experience in my 7 years of being an employee.

I really appreciated the help Sir.
More power to the people who made this forum possible. It's a great help for us.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

unsolicited advice lang. When you ask for compensation, ask for what you would like to be paid for 8 hours of work. Even if they ask you to do something new or "extra" as long as you do not have to work more than 8 hours a day should already be covered by your present salary.

I'm not discouraging you from asking for something extra but rather than say "kasi inutusan nyo akong gumawa ng accounting tasks eh wala naman sa job description ko yun", ang tamang approach is 'sirs, i believe i am worth PXXX,XXX.00 per month or day because i can responsibly and reasonably perform IT, accounting, administrative, marketing tasks etc.

iamsir

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:unsolicited advice lang.  When you ask for compensation, ask for what you would like to be paid for 8 hours of work.  Even if they ask you to do something new or "extra" as long as you do not have to work more than 8 hours a day should already be covered by your present salary.

I'm not discouraging you from asking for something extra but rather than say "kasi inutusan nyo akong gumawa ng accounting tasks eh wala naman sa job description ko yun", ang tamang approach is 'sirs, i believe i am worth PXXX,XXX.00 per month or day because i can responsibly and reasonably perform IT, accounting, administrative, marketing tasks etc.

this is well noted. thanks Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum