Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mother's married name/No Birth Date on Birth Certificate

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karmafunk

karmafunk
Arresto Menor

Magandang araw po sa inyong lahat! Smile

Nakita ko po itong forums na ito kaka-search online ng legal advice kung paano po uumpisahan ayusin ang birth certificate ko.

Natuklasan ko po na wala pong nakalagay na birth date (March 5, 1976 na lagi kong gamit mula pagkabata) sa birth certificate ko noong huli po ako kumuha ng kopya NSO para sana gamitin sa application ng passport. Ang sabi po ng isang help desk clerk sa NSO kailangan ko po daw kumuha ng Affidavit of Supplemetal Report galing sa Civil Registrar ng Cainta, Rizal kung saan po ako ipinanganak para malagyan po ng petsa.

Pagbisita ko po sa registar's office ng Cainta, napansin nila na may nakasulat sa bandang kanang gilid ng cerificate na (6-30-76), at iyun po daw ang dapat ilagay na birth date kung hihingi ako ng Supplemental Report. Kung nais ko po daw na patuloy na gagamitin ang March 5, 1976, sa halip ay mag-file po daw ako ng Correction of Clerical/Typographical Error kahit walang petsa na nakasaad sa certificate. Bukod pa doon, nakita din po nila na married name ng nanay ko ang nakasulat sa certificate sa halip na maiden name.

Paumanhin po kung sobrang haba pero natuturete na din ako sa kaka-isip sa paraan, panahon at gastusin kung para maayos ito. Sad

Maraming salamat po sa pakakapag bigay ng kalinawan!

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

You are not a child of your mother's husband?

They are correct, what if 6/30/76 is the truth? That is what should be reflected in the supplemental report. The Registrar will not lie for you. Who made you think it was March 5, 1976 anyway?

As to your mother's name, you have to check further (usually in the old forms it is answer to entry 23, whether you are a legitimate child, and the answer to entry 24 place and date of marriage). Those errors have to go through court.

karmafunk

karmafunk
Arresto Menor

Jadis wrote:You are not a child of your mother's husband?

They are correct, what if 6/30/76 is the truth? That is what should be reflected in the supplemental report. The Registrar will not lie for you. Who made you think it was March 5, 1976 anyway?

As to your mother's name, you have to check further (usually in the old forms it is answer to entry 23, whether you are a legitimate child, and the answer to entry 24 place and date of marriage). Those errors have to go through court.

The last time I spoke with my father about this (unfortunately, he already passed away early this year), he said he might have overlooked and missed filling out the birth date when he passed the document on to the midwife. As far as I can remember,  they've been using March 5, 1976 as my official birth date right from when I was baptized (as indicated on the baptismal certificate), and in all other documents I needed when I began attending school. Hence, I've considered and used it as my birth date in all legal documents ever since.

The NSO copy I have clearly indicates that it requires the mother's "Maiden Name". Other than that, it does show "legitimate", and there is a complete "Date and Place of Marriage" as well.

I can't help but notice the date 6-30-76 is the same date indicated on the "Received by the Local Civil Registrar by:" entry, stamped and signed by the registrar. Should it be just considered as the the date when the document was received and filed in their office, and not as sufficient basis and or of my birth date?

I really appreciate your feedback and thank you in advance. Smile

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

If you want to change what is in the record of the civil registrar to match what you have been using your entire life, then you have to go to court. It could really happen that the date of birth is the date of the submission of report to the civil registrar.

Otherwise, it is all your other records that need to be changed.

karmafunk

karmafunk
Arresto Menor

Jadis wrote:If you want to change what is in the record of the civil registrar to match what you have been using your entire life, then you have to go to court. It could really happen that the date of birth is the date of the submission of report to the civil registrar.

Otherwise, it is all your other records that need to be changed.

It seems that the first option you mentioned of petitioning the court would be far less tedious than requesting to change the birth dates on all of my other legal  documents/records (baptismal, school, gov't id's, etc).

Thank you very much for the insight ma'm. and God bless!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum