Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fake marriage date on my Birth Certificate

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

khomaigz

Arresto Menor

My parents put a marriage date (March 15, 1983) on my birth certificate upon filing it in the hospital without actually being married. After 22 years, they eventually got married (January 29, 2005). I am now applying for a work abroad, and I'm not able to do so, because of the mismatched date on my birth certificate and marriage contract of my parents. What action should I take to fix things up?

attyLLL

imo, it should be a court petition for correction of entries of the birth certificate

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

khomaigz

Arresto Menor

I just read an article regarding correction of errors in birth certificate without going to court “Republic Act 10172, which was signed by the President last Aug. 19, 2012, amended several provisions of Republic Act 9048b” It says you can change your sex and birth date without bringing it to the court. This is the article I was referring to:

Google this: "Civil registrars can now correct errors in birth certificates without court order" ( I cant post the link. This site prohibits me to do so. It is an article written by philstar.)

I am just not sure if this new policy includes correction of parents’ date of marriage. Do you have any idea about this new policy sir? Thank you so much for your response! =)

attyLLL

that's for clerical errors like wrong spelling, so imo , it will not apply

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum