Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Expired Gun Permit and re-registration.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Expired Gun Permit and re-registration. Empty Expired Gun Permit and re-registration. Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:52 pm

JohnDoeJoseCruz

JohnDoeJoseCruz
Arresto Menor

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to view and read this post. I tried to look for the information online but failed to do so, my question is. If I apply for a permit, buy and firearm and the permit for the said firearm expires and afterwards I try to register it again after say -- a few months or maybe even a year.

Is that a criminal violation? Can I receive jail time for missing a deadline or just leave it be for a year only to re-register the permit again?

Thank you all for your assistance and advice. Very Happy

jacksilva17

Arresto Menor

Hi JohnDoe,

Your query is covered by the IRR of RA 10591:

Renewal of Licenses and Registration

All types of licenses to own and possess a firearm shall be renewed every two (2) years within six (6) months before the birthdate of the licensee. Failure to renew the license on or before the birthdate shall cause the revocation of the license and of the registration of the firearm/s under said license.

The registration of the firearm shall be renewed every four (4) years within six (6) months before its expiration. Failure to renew the registration of the firearm on or before the expiration of its registration shall cause the revocation of the registration of the firearm and the same shall be subject to revocation proceedings.

Failure to renew a license or registration within the period stated above on two (2) occasions shall cause the holder of the firearm to be perpetually disqualified from applying for firearm license. In meritorious cases, however, the Chief PNP, as recommended by the Chief, FEO, may allow the further enjoyment of the privilege under these rules subject to certain conditions which may be deemed appropriate to impose.

It shall be the obligation of the licensee thereof to surrender the said firearm to the police office or station with jurisdiction over the place where he/she resides within fifteen (15) days. Failure to surrender within such period shall cause the filing of appropriate charges for violation of the law.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum