Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Foreign Spouse Legal Concern (Argentinian Spouse)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karen18

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I married an Argentinian national last year here in PH and just recently I found out that he is going to marry a girl in Argentina which he calls as his fiancee/lawyer.

Also, he did not file our marriage in Argentina. I asked him to file a divorce but her fiancee/lawyer sent me a message saying that there is no agreement between PH and their country hence, the divorce is not an option. (On her message she explicitly said she was the bride/girlfriend of my husband)

Also, she told me that I should start the annulment here because they cannot do anything on their country. Is this true?

Since he did not file our marriage here in PH in Argentina, does it mean that he has all the rights to get married in their country?

What are my legal rights and what case I can file them?

Thank you!

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

check with the embassy of Argentina in the Philippines.

karen18

Arresto Menor

I already did and they told me that Argentine Consulates can not provide legal advice or intervene in private legal matters. They told me to seek legal advice from a lawyer in Argentina that specializes Family law and/or a lawyer from here. Sad

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

then that would be the best course of action for you to take.

imho, the only option you have right now is to have your marriage annulled (or declared void. depends on your case) since you cannot compel him to file for divorce in Argentina unless you are willing to bring him to court there.
also, even if you file a case against your husband here in the Philippines, unless he will come back here, then the court cannot make him liable for his crime.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum