Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I file an adultery case against my wife and her male married friend?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Thor1

Arresto Menor

Myself and my wife got married thru civil rites by a judge in Manila. We have been living in New Zealand and became citizens in 2011. In October 2016, I was charged with assault as I slapped my son during an argument. I was ordered by the court not to go home until the court case finished.

In my absence, my suspicion of my wife and her best friends husband (who has been separated for 1 year in September 2016) has gone into a relationship. There were reports from different people seeing them together at different occasions.

A photo was retrieved from a messenger post by the guy with my wife inside a motel room which my wife defended as the photo was done in taste. The guy is a known womaniser and has several relationships one of which was of her sister-in-law while they were still living in Manila.

Since we are New Zealand citizens and been married by law in the Philippines, can I file an adultery case against my wife and her male married lover? Can they both be tried in Manila even though technically they are no longer Filipino citizens?

In New Zealand, you can only file a divorce and you can't charge your spouse with adultery as it is their free will to chose. I'm hoping to get some justice as I'm also concerned about the welfare of daughter with special needs.

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

unfortunately since you are no longer a Filipino citizen, then you are no longer covered under the Philippine laws.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum