Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non refundable reservation fee

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Non refundable reservation fee Empty Non refundable reservation fee Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:33 pm

monic_ydr

Arresto Menor

Hello.
Is the non refundable reservation fee policy of home developers legal? I paid Php20K to reserve a unit recently But unfortunately my financial situation took a bad turn. I sent an email to the realtor begging for a refund. But they declined because of the said policy. Paying a fine for breaking a contarct seemed suitable but to lose that amount of money is ridiculously unfair. Is there something I can do about this?
Thank you.

2Non refundable reservation fee Empty Re: Non refundable reservation fee Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

read the contract.. nakalagay yan don..

3Non refundable reservation fee Empty Re: Non refundable reservation fee Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:59 pm

monic_ydr

Arresto Menor

@Patok. Yes I know. But is it really undisputable?

4Non refundable reservation fee Empty Re: Non refundable reservation fee Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:08 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

I would understand if the reservation amount is substantial (i.e. perhaps 20% - 25% of the purchase price) but to be honest a P20,000 forfeiture seems relatively fair.

It represents the opportunity cost wasted when they could have found serious buyers. You could challenge this policy and file a small claim in court, but the filing fee and Sheriff's fund will eat up around 10% of the P20,000 you intend to receive.

If you signed an agreement, you generally are bound by the consequences - good or bad.

5Non refundable reservation fee Empty Re: Non refundable reservation fee Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:20 am

monic_ydr

Arresto Menor

@Jadis. Thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum