Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cancellation of First Registered Birth Certificate

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

fgbgumimba

Arresto Menor

Hi Everyone, good day!

I would like to get your advice on the process of cancelling the first registration of my Birth Certificate.

I found out when I requested a copy of my Birth Certificate last year from NSO that my Birth Certificate was first registered in Pagadian City. According to my parents it might have registered by the midwife, without their knowledge. And my grandmother from my father's side, thinking that I was not registered yet, opted to register my birth in Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur, when my parents moved to Labangan.

My problem now is that the first registered birth certificate indicates that my name is Geraldine Gumimba, birth place is Pagadian City and the Late Registration certificate shows that my name is Faith Geraldine Gumimba, birth place is Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur. I've been using a "Late Registration" Birth Certificate, registered in Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur, for my school and employment records though. But every time I will request for an NSO copy of my birth certificate, NSO will send me the first registration. They told me that all late registration certificates were removed from the NSO database starting 2008. I was able to get an NSO copy of the late registration prior to 2008.

I would like to cancel the first registration so I can request for an NSO copy of the late registration certificate. I don't want to remove the name Faith from my first name nor do I want to change my birth place because it will mess up my school and employment records, passport, legal documents, government iDs, especially my CPA license. I was advised by the City Health Office in Cebu City, where I'm residing now that we can request for the cancellation of my first registered birth certificate. Thus, I'm sending this message to get your advise on the process or on how I can go about this situation.

I'm desperately looking forward to your assistance on this matter. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Faith Geraldine B. Gumimba

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi Faith,

You can have the first birth certificate cancelled, pero the place of birth will still be Pagadian City because that is where you were born.

You need to file a Petition for cancellation/correction of entry in the birth certificate to correct your birth certificate.

You will need to hire a lawyer for this process.

Regards,
Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

reyanghanne

Arresto Menor

Dearest Atty. Katrina,

Tanong ko lang if magkano po lahat ang gagastusin?? Yan din po kasi case ng anak ko..
I want to cancel hid first registration. Para po ma late register ko po xa sa place kung saan ko po xa ipinanganak? Please po pakisagot.

reyanghanne

Arresto Menor

kailangan pa po ba ng court hearing Atty. o hindi na po??
please advice..

Thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum