Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOW TO SUE BITCOIN SCAMMER

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HOW TO SUE BITCOIN SCAMMER Empty HOW TO SUE BITCOIN SCAMMER Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Needshelp

Arresto Menor

Hi good day! Id like to ask help on how to report/sue a bitcoin scammer. We were asked to invest money. I invested about 38k while my sister invested about 90k. The promise was to double the pay within 15days (since that it the mining cycle). That was last December and we expected out payout last jan 14. However as all scam goes, he made up all the excuses, blaming that the money was stuck in the bitcoin market and cannot be converted. Its already march 12. His mother is the one talking to my sister and was able to pay back around 15k. I know we were wrong and I know that we cannot get back the money but what can I do? Thank you very much

2HOW TO SUE BITCOIN SCAMMER Empty Re: HOW TO SUE BITCOIN SCAMMER Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:06 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Was there a written contract between you and the bitcoin dealer? Do you know the address of the one you transacted with?

Make a new contract with him on getting your money back, now in written form and have it notarized. Put a stipulation there that his mom should act as a guarantor so that if he fails to pay his debt, his mom will shoulder the amount.

If he fails to pay, there will be at least a safeguard in the form of a guarantor. Plus, you can have that contract as evidence by the court if there will be litigation.

You may go to the nearest barangay hall if you need a mediator to oversee the contract you will discuss with him.

3HOW TO SUE BITCOIN SCAMMER Empty Re: HOW TO SUE BITCOIN SCAMMER Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Needshelp

Arresto Menor

No, there was no written contract. What if does not agree to sign the contract?

4HOW TO SUE BITCOIN SCAMMER Empty Re: HOW TO SUE BITCOIN SCAMMER Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:06 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Then discuss with him and make a written contract. If he does not agree to the contract, then tell him that you will file a collection case against him in court unless he agrees to return the money you guys invested in him.

He was unable to make good with his promise, and he did not mention any modicum of risk when you guys invested in him, right? Kasi if he did and he has evidence, then he will have a valid defense since bitcoin mining has a modicum of risk involved as do all businesses. Wala naman talagang kasiguraduhan sa business, in all honesty.

If things take a turn for the worse and di talaga kayo magkasundo, go to the nearest barangay hall and ask a barangay official to mediate between sa inyo para magkaroon ng kasunduan na tanggap nyong pareho.

Alternatively, you may want to go to the nearest Public Attorney's Office sa may City/Municipal Hall and ask for free legal advice regarding your matter.

5HOW TO SUE BITCOIN SCAMMER Empty Re: HOW TO SUE BITCOIN SCAMMER Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:01 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

What can you PROVE is promised?

IF you have enough strong case to be scary for the scamer, THREAT him to file a CRIMINAL case.
(In one scam case, the scamer pay back as much he can  in exchange for there will NOT be a criminal case.)

Or IF you have a strong case, make a demand letter. If it isn't paid, go to Small claims court.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum