Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Adoption

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1adoption - Child Adoption Empty Child Adoption Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:44 am

tetdomingo

Arresto Menor

Hi, I am a single parent since 2007 and i got pregnant at age of 20 pero my ex boyfriend denied my daughter. My daughter is using my middle and last name too and wala sa birth certificate niya yung name ng father niya. Never sila nagkita personally and he never gave any support for my daughter. And now, i am getting married and my husband to be wants to adopt my daughter legally. Please advise me what are the requirements and process that we might have once he adopt my daughter legally.

Would really appreciate your prompt response. Thank you!

2adoption - Child Adoption Empty Re: Child Adoption Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:23 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

There are several documentary requirements for adoption. Since your daughter is an illegitimate child, you and your husband will adopt her. Once the adoption is granted, your child will have the same rights as a legitimate child: right to use the surname of your husband, right to support from you and your husband and right to inherit from you and your husband.

Since the father is not named in the birth certificate, it will be a straightforward process.

If you need legal assistance, you may send an email to km@kgmlegal.ph

Best regards,

Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum