Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Company Start Up

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Company Start Up Empty Company Start Up Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:11 am

francesssb

Arresto Menor

Hi! I am looking into starting up a Talent/Events Management company. This will require no physical setup for the meantime, but will get into acquiring an office once the business starts picking up. I would like to know the requirements I'll be needing legally to start up a business, and I am working as well for a company and will just be doing this as a sideline. Thabj you so much in advance!

2Company Start Up Empty Re: Company Start Up Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:33 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

"company"

Well. Will you need a company type of business?
Such is much more complicated. ("Only" 16 steps haha

If you will own whole yourself, you can check at the municipaly/barangay office if they find you fullfiling the demands for BMBE type. (For instance NOT allowed to be franchise.) Such is cheaper, faster and much easier to register, plus interesting benifits.
Then you need to register to BIR too.
More to register if you have employees.

"Talent/Events Management company." "Office"
Will you meet people OFTEN,
or will you meet MANY at FEW days?
If the later, you perhaps DON'T NEED any office. You can make deal with other(-s) to use their space just for a evening/day or so to make your events/talent checks.
(Back when I had 70+ employees, I still DIDN'T need to rent any office, I just used space in my home. Business meetings I had at my customers' offices Smile

3Company Start Up Empty Re: Company Start Up Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:04 am

francesssb

Arresto Menor

I think I won't be setting up a corporation. Sole proprietorship would do. Events/Talent Management -- I would just do events planning and would probably need to a team to carry out the event from beginning to end, for talents management basically either I can go to establishments who'd be needing talents to play for them or they can come to me for the same. Meetings -- a coffee shop would do. With the prevalence of coworking spaces all over the metro this wouldn't be an issue. Smile but in order for to hold business and since I'll be charging clients for the fees, this is where probably the legal side of the matter will fall on. Business name, registration, receipts eventually, the name of business, etc.

4Company Start Up Empty Re: Company Start Up Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:29 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

"Sole proprietorship would do. "
Then it's much better to chose BMBE (=Barangay Micro Business Enterprice.) That's as Sole P but better Smile but need to fullfil some demands to get approval as such.

"I can go to establishments who'd be needing talents to play for them "
I mean the step BEFORE that. If the talents come to test at concentrated few evenings, such can be agreed to be at business, which would be closed at that time otherwice
or perhaps some restaurants and such can be interested in giving you FREE space the evenings you give them FREE talent shows, even if some of the "Talents" are crap Laughing

" I'll be charging clients for the fees, this is where probably the legal side of the matter will fall on. Business name, registration, receipts eventually"
/Yes registration is needed.
/If you want, you can chose to pay to get your business name protected. Different high fee depending of how much of Phillipines you chose.
/Receipts and invoices are OBLIGATORIC to get SOON after registration UNDEPENDING of if you will need any. Crazy Sad

5Company Start Up Empty Re: Company Start Up Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:50 pm

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

You may be leaning toward sole proprietorship right now, but try reading this. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/corporation-preferred-business-structure. This would seem to give you something to think about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum