Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where to get public attorney if assistance was rejected by PAO?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bcgbalibalos

Arresto Menor

Is there any public attorney's office or organization that offer free/cheap legal assistance aside from PAO? Thanks!

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Arellano University has a Legal Aid Clinic that offers free legal advice to the public. I think San Beda also has a Legal Aid Clinic as well. Try visiting universities that are offering law subjects, they usually have legal aid clinics set up for the public.

bcgbalibalos

Arresto Menor

@thepoetsedge Noted..thanks Sir!
If you still have any suggestion or recommendation that would be a big help, Thanks..

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Offhand, yun pa lang yung mga mairerecommend ko other than PAO. Taga-saan po ba sila? Try asking around lawyer's offices as well since they might have practical advice kung sino yung mga lawyers na tumatanggap ng pro bono (free) cases...

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Try also going to the nearest IBP (Integrated Bar of the PH) office sa area mo since they also have a legal aid clinic for the public, usually free of charge.

bcgbalibalos

Arresto Menor

Taga-quezon city po, nireject po kasi yung father ko sa PAO , since yung other party is already assisted by a PAO attorney during preliminary investigation daw po.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Ah yes, conflict of interest nga yun.

Try going to the places that I suggested. These legal aid clinics have supervising lawyers that are capable of representing your father in court. While most are run by law students, they have a lawyer in charge there as well. The IBP also has a lawyer in charge for their legal aid clinic.

bcgbalibalos

Arresto Menor

Possible po pala talaga na ireject ng PAO yung father ko, I thought, since under government ,its open to all, may instances din po pala na i-reject yung legal assistance from them.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

bcgbalibalos wrote:Possible po pala talaga na ireject ng PAO yung father ko, I thought, since under government ,its open to all, may instances din po pala na i-reject yung legal assistance from them.

Yes. The PAO cannot represent both opposing parties in a case, except in cases where such was allowed by both parties (the exceptions are found in the Code of Conduct for lawyers). Pero chaotic yun and di mo maiiwasan na may lamangan na mangyayari between the parties and the counsel. Kaya mas mabuti talaga na iba talaga yung lawyers ng parehong parties, di galing sa same law firm or organization.

Unahan din yung pagkuha sa service ng PAO, kaya kailangan with utmost haste talaga dapat yung sa pag-aasikaso sa mga kaso.

bcgbalibalos

Arresto Menor

Ah I see, kaya pala ganun, yung IBP po ba under government din? Like PAO?

Super thanks po sir! God bless

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

I don't think the IBP is under the government, since it represents the whole organization of lawyers per region/chapter.

You are very much welcome. Good luck with your father's case, and may justice be served to all parties involved.

bcgbalibalos

Arresto Menor

OK sir, your insights and recommendations are so much appreciated, thank you so much again ..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum