Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Contract not notarized

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1contract - Contract not notarized Empty Contract not notarized Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:45 pm

hltadeo

Arresto Menor

I worked in an institution before, but I resigned due to power tripping done by my superiors. My 13th month pay was held on hold by the institution and my last salary has not been given to me. Prior to me working in the institution, I signed a 3-year contract that states,"I will be paying 20,000.00 once contact has been breached." Unfortunately I wasn't able to pay it due to some advice I have accumulated that I don't need to pay it since the contract is not notarized and I am not given a copy of the contract.

Meanwhile, the institution has sent me letters regarding them applying revocation of my licence once failure paying the said such amount.

I would like to ask if, how would I resolve such case? What are the things I can do to fix it?

I am grateful for your help.

2contract - Contract not notarized Empty Re: Contract not notarized Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:43 pm

JA.santos

Arresto Menor

Contracts doesn't have to be notarized in order for it to be enforceable. In some types of contracts, notarization only converts these private documents to public records.

3contract - Contract not notarized Empty Re: Contract not notarized Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:07 pm

hltadeo

Arresto Menor

Good day,

Does it mean I should just pay the amount they are requiring me?

Thank you for the reply.

4contract - Contract not notarized Empty Re: Contract not notarized Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:27 pm

JA.santos

Arresto Menor

Since it was a 3-year contract then you have certainly breached your obligation under the contract.

I suggest you settle the differences with your employer. Since your last salary and your 13th month pay has not been released yet, you may ask them for this 20,000.00 to be deductible to your last pay.

5contract - Contract not notarized Empty Re: Contract not notarized Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:05 pm

hltadeo

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your help.

Be blessed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum