Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Insurance Claims on Car with Open Deed of Sale

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chainedheart

Arresto Menor

Hi Experts,

Good Day to you all!
I would like to appeal to your kind hearts on legal advice on my issue with claiming car insurance. Here is my story:

I have a car that was flooded on September 25 and I try to claim insurance for September 27 last year. The car is in open deed of sale when it was flooded. It was a second hand car I bought for around 300k under open deed of sale. The casa quote that the repair would cost 500k, the insurance has told us that they are looking at a total loss and they will pay the storage fee of the car. However, they just send me an email today (after 4 months) that they cannot accept the claim due to the fact that the car was not endorse on my name during the incident and me or the previous owner of the car will not be able to claim insurance.

Is it still possible to fight for this claim? Why did the insurance create a policy for my name when i was not technically insured in the first place?
It kinda frustrating that now they are not paying anything and I have a huge amount I will need to pay in the storage fee.

Thank you so much.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum