Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

OPEN DEED OF SALE FOR BUYING AN EXISTING BUSINESS

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rmwolfe

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I wanted to buy an existing spa business in metro manila. But the owner told me that there's no contract involved, they can offer "pre-ownership for the business" only and they will send me the "open deed of sale".

Anyone here, please explain this to me. Thank you so much.

Atty.JB

Arresto Menor

Hi rmwolfe,

As I understand from your email, you are intending to buy a spa business that is already in operation. This kind of transaction would need to have documentation to support the sale of the business and the transfer of assets or properties used in the business regardless of whether the seller (original owner of the business) is a corporation or a sole proprietor.

Nevertheless, the manner and type of document to be used for the transfer of the business may vary. In this case,it would be necessary to determine the status of the seller and how you would like to go about with the transfer.

-Atty. JB

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

rmwolfe wrote:Hi,

I wanted to buy an existing spa business in metro manila. But the owner told me that there's no contract involved, they can offer "pre-ownership for the business" only and they will send me the "open deed of sale".

Anyone here, please explain this to me. Thank you so much.
That sound odd.
What type of business form is it?
If it's SOLE P, then the business CAN'T be sold,
but the assets in it can be sold.
Check if the property owner aprove you - in writing.

If it's a COMPANY, then you can buy whole. (I BELIEVE no extra aproval is needed by property owner by the contract is done with the company, which will continue, but you better check that.

Include a paragraph the seller and relatives aren't allowed to compeete with you, using the contacts, which are sold to you, (Distance. Time limit.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum