Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adoption and Late Registration

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1adoption - Adoption and Late Registration Empty Adoption and Late Registration Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:11 am

momoftwogirls

Arresto Menor

Good evening,

Seeking for your assistance on what is best to do. I have two daughters, both conceived out of wedlock.Hopeful sa forever Smile

It was only today, January 10, 2017 when I found out that my eldest daughter isn’t registered at NSO. The father of my eldest child lives far from us and has no contact with us ever since. I do not intend to file for child support as I fear that this may affect our child in the future (hearings etc..) lalo she was diagnosed of having ADHD. The fear of her being depressed on her later years scares me.

As requested  by the Local Civil Registry, I need to file an affidavit as to why my eldest was registered late along with my previous partner(magkikita kami!). As much as possible I do not want to see the father of my child for he is already happily married and I do not want them to think that I am trying to ruin what they have now.

Currently I am living with the father of my second daughter with plans of getting married this year. The question that I have are;

1. Do I fix her NSO late registration prior to the adoption? I do not want to meet the father of my eldest in several occasion as I respect his new family.
2. Can I adopt my eldest to avoid seeing the father of my first born? Having said that I adopt her will it remove the paternal acknowledgment of my first born's dad?
3. In the event that I marry my current parter, and my first born is already adopted by ME, do my partner adopt her again? (gulo, di ko din gets)

Your thoughts on this will be highly appreciated.
Shocked Shocked Shocked

2adoption - Adoption and Late Registration Empty Re: Adoption and Late Registration Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:28 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

I am quoting your questions below in order to properly address them:

1. Do I fix her NSO late registration prior to the adoption? I do not want to meet the father of my eldest in several occasion as I respect his new family.

If your eldest daughter has no birth certificate at all and the father does not intend to be present in your daughter's life, you can just leave the father blank. If you do this, you do not need to contact or meet with the father of your eldest daughter. You will also not need his written consent or have him testify in court should your soon-to-be husband adopts your daughter.

2. Can I adopt my eldest to avoid seeing the father of my first born? Having said that I adopt her will it remove the paternal acknowledgment of my first born's dad?

If your daughter has no birth certificate at all (not even in the local registry), you can leave the father's name blank in the birth certificate. If you put the father in the birth certificate and he acknowledges your daughter, you will have to get his written consent and have him testify in court when you and your part (soon-to-be husband) adopt your eldest daughter.

3. In the event that I marry my current partner, and my first born is already adopted by ME, do my partner adopt her again? (gulo, di ko din gets)

The two of you can adopt them together once you're already married so it will just be one proceedings.

If you need legal assistance, you may email me on km@kgmlegal.ph

Best regards,

Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum