Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Late registration

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Late registration Empty Late registration Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:43 am

tori_amos

Arresto Menor

Hello I need help.

I have 2 kids 1 girl and she is 3yrs old na and now studyin sa kinder garden school. my youngest is a boy he just turned 1 last april.

When my kids were born, pinagamit ko yun apeliyido ng dad nila. unfortunately their dad and i broke up. It was a long and sad story.

My problem since hiwalay na kami ng tatay nila and i dont get any support naman from him after 1 yr and 4 months na pghihiawalay namin until now. Months after naming paghihiwalay, i have decided na palitan yun name nila at isunod ko sa pangalan ko. and honestly hindi ko napagisipan maigi ang mga consequences.

nagfile ako ng late registration for my 2 kids para mapalitan ko yun last name nila at isunod ko sa akin. well it was easy for me to file late registration kasi i get some advises sa mga taong gumawa na rin ng ganun. I declared sa Civil registry na wala pa silang birth certificate when they asked me why late n ako ng apply; I lied and i told them inaantay ko father nasa abroad kaya lang di na sya bumalik.

So yun. Nakuha ko yun copy ng registration ng new birth certificate nila. Yun sa NSO kukunin ko pa.

kaya lang lalabas sa records ko sa NSO na apat yun anak ko dahil sa 4 yun nakaregistered na name under me. I just realized this recently dahil i talked about it with some close friends and there are very important things na di ko napagispan bago ko ito ginawa. Now its too late na. Pero still ayaw ko gamitin ng kids ko yun last name ng dad nila.

1.is there a way n ipa pull out yun records ng dati nilang name? kasi nagalala ako dahil baka pag dumating yun visa ko sa abroad lumabas dun n 4 yun anak ko as i declared 2 lang.

I seek for advise, please help anu ba gagawin ko?what do i have to know pa.

Isa pang inaala ko noon magastos kasi and honestly with my situation now, I cant afford to hire a lawyer to correct this.

2Late registration Empty Re: Late registration Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:02 pm

attyLLL

are you married to the father?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Late registration Empty Not Married. Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:16 am

tori_amos

Arresto Menor

No Sir, Im not married to my kids dad.

4Late registration Empty Re: Late registration Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:11 am

attyLLL

ok, i'm not that familiar with the actual process of late registration but i believe that one of the requirements is an affidavit stating that there is no previous registration. for filing a false affidavit you may be come liable for perjury.

after the issuance of the revilla law on illegitimate children, there was confusion whether the birth certificates should indicate the father's surname as the child's surname. i agree with the opinion of atty. acosta of PAO that the mother's surname should still be the surname of the child but may be authorized to publicly use the father's surname when authorized by the father.

i'm afraid i cannot think of any way to fix the problem without exposing yourself to administrative and criminal charges for twice filing records of births of your children.

i would recommend a wait and see strategy for now, but if you wanted to cancel the first 2 birth certificates then the process is to file a petition in court.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum