Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parental Authority of my child

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Parental Authority of my child Empty Parental Authority of my child Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:15 pm

larizsa_aguinaldo

Arresto Menor

Good Day to you, I want to ask for your opinion. I have a 1yr old son and the father and i aren't not married. I'm going abroad in a couple of days. at first, my parents and i had an agreement that they(them and my baby's father) will share custody of the child meaning that my child will stay for a couple of days with his father and another with his grandparents but now they are telling me that the father cannot take the baby, he can only come and visit the child in their house.
i'm asking if they can invoke parental authority on my child while i'm away? because i want for them is to share custody of my child. what legal actions should i take?

2Parental Authority of my child Empty Re: Parental Authority of my child Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:47 pm

attyLLL

only the mother of an illegitimate child has parental authority. but it cannot be exercised by proxy. but if a case is filed, i would side with you to win as long as you signify you are not abandoning your child.

why did your grandparents deny the child from going with the father? is there a threat that the child will not be returned?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Parental Authority of my child Empty Re: Parental Authority of my child Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:24 pm

larizsa_aguinaldo

Arresto Menor

they think that they can do a better job of taking care of my child, i already explained to them that i would be more comfortable that my child should also have time with his father. I told them that the father is willing for a shared custody so that my son can also spend time with his grandparents, the father already agreed to have the only for 3 days and the rest of the week his with my parents.. Now my parents are demanding that the father should have a job first before they agree to let him borrow the child. I'm so frustrated because it is as if i don't have the right to decide what i think is right for my child. They keep telling me they are my parents and they know best i'm only afraid that they will cut me off especially they are the ones who will be financing my studies abroad.

4Parental Authority of my child Empty Re: Parental Authority of my child Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:34 am

attyLLL

keep talking to them. arrange for some limited visitation by the father. it can be supervised by the grandparents, if need be. while it is not a legal requirement, it may go a long way that he does get a job.

you must be willing to give up their support if you will be going against them and assert your rights.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum