Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

EMPLOYEE IS LIABLE TO PAY THE COMPANY?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1EMPLOYEE IS LIABLE TO PAY THE COMPANY? Empty EMPLOYEE IS LIABLE TO PAY THE COMPANY? Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:26 pm

mosspy

Arresto Menor

Hi, I need to know about certain issues wherein an employee is liable to pay the Company, or the Company will require an employee to pay for the missing property of the Company.
( There's a missing item to be specific, clothes which is from an employee's account. Kept inside the office cabinet but accessible by people around the area.no lock etc. If the Company will ask to sign a paper telling to pay for the missing items, Is it legal or does the employee need to question that action?) Thank you

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Did the company do any investigation regarding the missing properties? If so, were they able to produce ample evidence that you are indeed liable for the missing properties? Did they give you a chance to defend yourself if there is an accusation against you?

What is your position in this company, by the way?

mosspy

Arresto Menor

thepoetsedge wrote:Did the company do any investigation regarding the missing properties? If so, were they able to produce ample evidence that you are indeed liable for the missing properties? Did they give you a chance to defend yourself if there is an accusation against you?

What is your position in this company, by the way?

Thank you for the reply, I am a Junior Merchandiser and been here for a decade, only last week they gave me a written notice to explain, as of today I will submit my explanation regarding the issue. They didn't conduct any investigation from the time reported missing until now.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

submit mo lang yung explation. Wait for the results. NTE palang naman.

mosspy

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:submit mo lang yung explation.  Wait for the results.  NTE palang naman.

But it is stated on the notice that
Gross and Negligence in performing my duty, For losing the samples, whatever the total amount will be deducted or charged to your Negligence.

Now My question is the Cabinet wherein we put the samples don't have any lock, and accessible by anyone in the Company, and for the long time of staying here same process, we even have our own security guard. How I will be liable of Negligence?

6EMPLOYEE IS LIABLE TO PAY THE COMPANY? Empty Re: EMPLOYEE IS LIABLE TO PAY THE COMPANY? Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:19 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

NTE palang may conclusion na? Hindi ba hinihingi sayo yung explanation kung bakit nawala or kung pano nawala? Parang doesn't sound right yung "whatever the total amount will be deducted or charged to your Negligence" hindi siguro marunong mag english yung HR nyo.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

First, there should be an investigation conducted by the admin while giving you an opportunity to explain your side, hence the letter of explanation. There should be no conclusions yet, since a hearing should be set which will ascertain the evidences they gathered from their investigation and the veracity of your explanation.

It is too early for the admin to have you sign a document that makes you liable for the items that were found to be missing during their investigation due to your negligence. Dapat matapos yung investigation muna for reasons of fair play and due process. Check your employee's handbook for any procedural guidelines regarding lost items or check with your HR and ask if the procedure the admin is following conforms with the rules and regulations of the company.

Keep all documents that were handed to you regarding your current situation and have a copy of each of them just to be safe.

8EMPLOYEE IS LIABLE TO PAY THE COMPANY? Empty Late replies Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:02 am

mosspy

Arresto Menor

By the way.. Thank you! For the replies, It's been a long time since my last comment because I'm still waiting for whatever they will do after my letter explanation. Right now I still don't know what to do...
I undergo preliminary investigation, I sit with the HR Manager and Audit Manager for any questions they recorded everything and as they've told me they will transfer it written and for me to sign. But I insist that I will not pay any amount not unless they prove that It was my negligence and so on.
Now I need to know because it's obvious they want me to pay everything, to be deducted to my Salary because of Negligence. After a Decade of working in our Company not an issue for me has gotten those Items already, but "Negligence" is what they're throwing. Hope Someone will answer me. Thank ypu

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

mosspy wrote:By the way.. Thank you! For the  replies, It's been a long time since my last comment because I'm still waiting for whatever they will do after my letter explanation. Right now I still don't know what to do...
    I undergo preliminary investigation, I sit with the HR Manager and Audit Manager for any questions they recorded everything and as they've told me they will transfer it written and for me to sign. But I insist that I will not pay any amount not unless they prove that It was my negligence and so on.
   Now I need to know because it's obvious they want me to pay everything, to be deducted to my Salary because of Negligence.  After a Decade of working in our Company not an issue for me has gotten those Items already, but "Negligence" is what they're throwing. Hope Someone will answer me. Thank ypu

1. Who is responsible for the lost item(s)?
2. Who is responsible for the cabinet/locker?

http://www.councilviews.com

10EMPLOYEE IS LIABLE TO PAY THE COMPANY? Empty Re: EMPLOYEE IS LIABLE TO PAY THE COMPANY? Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:55 pm

mosspy

Arresto Menor

council wrote:
mosspy wrote:By the way.. Thank you! For the  replies, It's been a long time since my last comment because I'm still waiting for whatever they will do after my letter explanation. Right now I still don't know what to do...
   Now I need to know because it's obvious they want me to pay everything, to be deducted to my Salary because of Negligence.  After a Decade of working in our Company not an issue for me has gotten those Items already, but "Negligence" is what they're throwing. Hope Someone will answer me. Thank ypu

1. Who is responsible for the lost item(s)?
From the NTE that I received, stated that
Gross and Negligence in performing my duty, For losing the samples, whatever the total amount will be deducted or charged to your Negligence.

2. Who is responsible for the cabinet/locker?
Our Dept have a Stockroom (w/ keys) but because we've been told that Audit Dept will conduct their usual auditing period, so Me and my Colleague we gather all Samples(lost Items) my account means the designated category I'm handling. we did the process but while waiting we have a cabinet wherein we can put all samples (no key).

11EMPLOYEE IS LIABLE TO PAY THE COMPANY? Empty Re: EMPLOYEE IS LIABLE TO PAY THE COMPANY? Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:43 pm

ador

Reclusion Perpetua

Do you have a record system of what goes in and out of the stockroom or an endorsement record? If so, did you put in record when you pulled-out the stocks and placed it in the other unlocked cabinet?
And finally, shouldn't you have returned the stocks to the stockroom afterwards regardless if the audit/inventory was concluded or not?

12EMPLOYEE IS LIABLE TO PAY THE COMPANY? Empty Re: EMPLOYEE IS LIABLE TO PAY THE COMPANY? Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:39 pm

mosspy

Arresto Menor

ador wrote:Do you have a record system of what goes in and out of the stockroom or an endorsement record? If so, did you put in record when you pulled-out the stocks and placed it in the other unlocked cabinet?
And finally, shouldn't you have returned the stocks to the stockroom afterwards regardless if the audit/inventory was concluded or not?

We have the list, I have everything I did secure all the samples, we didn't return all the samples to the stockroom, from time to time or should I say have Dept borrow some of the samples , but I'm pretty sure that I have the samples intact in our Cabinet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum