Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank you for all of your reply! We decided to not pursue anything

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cockadoo

Arresto Menor

Hello po mga magagaling at mababait naming ATTY's.
Need lang po ng legal advise if we can sue them for Child Exploitation?

> Background:
Last year po nag pa photo shoot po kami sa PICTURE PICTURE Photo Studio we got the pictures and also soft copy saved copy on a CD. Normal transaction wala po kami pinirmahan except the O.R.

> The CASE:
Meron po nakapagsabi sa amin na kapit bahay na nakita po nila ang picture ng anak namen sa Jollibee ginamit po ito as part of the sample Hello Kitty theme tarpauline na perks po sa pag aavail ng Party sa kanila.
We went  there to personally verify, it was confirmed na picture po ng anak namin un and it was the same photo na inavail namin sa photo shoot sa PICTURE PICTURE more than a year ago.
The problem po is wala po kami concent regarding the use of the picture and even the name ng anak namin that they indicated was just invented.

Please help po to provide legal advise.

Last edited by cockadoo on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : closure)

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

You have no Cause of Action. Walang damage sa iyo at sa anak mo.

cockadoo

Arresto Menor

HrDude wrote:You have no Cause of Action. Walang damage sa iyo at sa anak mo.

I respect your opinion.
I do hope to have other advise that has legal basis/explanation

1)They do not have our permission to use our child's photo for what so ever purpose.
2)Our child was subjected to public display and had been expose to uncontrollable public comments
3)Our child's photo was used for the purpose of advertising there products and services to gain profits.

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

I also understand your stance. You are asking questions of the possibility of you suing an entity (Jolibee)

NOTE: Before you can file a Civil Case (not Criminal case) against anyone, you have to have a cause of action. If a case is filed without a valid cause of action, such will be dismissed for 'Lack of Cause of Action'. In this situation, NONE, you don't have a cause.

1)They do not have our permission to use our child's photo for what so ever purpose?

NONE, they don't have any permission, as you stated.

2)Our child was subjected to public display and had been expose to uncontrollable public comments.

Assuming this is true, what happened to your child? Did he suffer? Was he humiliated/ridiculed? If so, can you prove this?

3) Our child's photo was used for the purpose of advertising there products and services to gain profits.

Is your child that 'famous' for you to declare that Jolibee is using your child's photo for profit? Well, unless your child is famous, you can ask for royalties.

Have you asked yourself, where did Jolibee got the photo?Was it given by PICTURE PICTURE? because if it was uploaded in the net, the same becomes public domain. Even so, the same does not give rise to a cause of action. Look, the most you can file a case against is with PICTURE PICTURE. But again, what is your Cause of Action? Damages? ON what grounds?

cockadoo

Arresto Menor

Is sad to say that based on your statements any one can use pictures of minors and do what they want for their personal gain even without the permission/consent of the parents or guardians of the child...  Sad

river03

Arresto Mayor

Pwede ka rin maginquire(ask mo pano nila nakuha yung pic) sa branch ng jollibee kung saan mo nakita ang pic ng child mo. Just my opinion.

ador

Reclusion Perpetua

If a picture or video was taken NOT IN A PUBLIC PLACE and which was taken under contractual obligation and is in fact a PRIVATE property of the contracting party, and no waiver/consent to share given and this was violated, ask a lawyer about it or refer to the right to privacy act.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum