Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do they say that Phils Labor laws are pro-employee?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mc2012

Arresto Menor

What are the basis for this description?
Although I can see some practical examples-- for example in our office, no matter how "low" your performance is, I have not heard of someone getting terminated-- just usually change roles, or depts.

So what are the usual basis for getting terminated aside from criminal or unethical stuff (bribes, harrassment, etc)?

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Consistently low or poor performance will eventually cause employment to be terminated.

Same with attendance issues.

They fall under the clause "Gross and habitual neglect by the employee of his duties"

http://www.councilviews.com

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

So what are the usual basis for getting terminated aside from criminal or unethical stuff (bribes, harrassment, etc)?

- The Labor Code suggest that an employee can be terminated by 'Just and Authorized Causes'. Look it up.

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

So what are the usual basis for getting terminated aside from criminal or unethical stuff (bribes, harassment, etc)?

- The Labor Code suggest that an employee can be terminated by 'Just and Authorized Causes'. Look it up.

To Answer your question... as the title of this query.

The law views Labor as 'at a disadvantage' against companies/business entities/business owners. As such, the Labor Code was promulgated to protect labor.

HOWEVER, nowhere in the Labor Code that it states that the same Code is pro-labor. The Code was promulgated to BALANCE both the right of Labor and companies/owners/entities.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum