Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unable to pay auto loan due to carnapping incident

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ClmOptimist

Arresto Menor

Hi all,

I would like to seek help about legal matters for auto loan which was distracted by a carnapping incident.

We bought our unit last October 2015 and it was stolen June 18, 2016.

We already filed a case and gathered the documents needed for insurance claims.
We are down to one more document to complete our requirements which is the "Non-recovery" to be released by the HPG.

Since our unit was stolen, we failed to pay our monthly amortization to RCBC.

Now, RCBC is suing us even we keep on informing them our situation. Their lawyer even called us about the case they're about to file but he was surprised to know that the unit was carnapped. So, they're filing a case without understanding our end.

Please let us know what to do on how to avoid being sued.

We are so stressed and traumatized by this very unfortunate experience. Sad

Thank you very much.

NRG

Arresto Menor

I am no lawyer or claim to be, but as far as I am aware even though your car was stolen you are still legally responsible for paying your monthly installments as it is not the banks fault either that your car was stolen. You will get your money back once you put the claim in with your insurance company. I would advice that you contact the bank immediately and try and work out how much you owe them and pay it back, otherwise you will also be charged all the court and attorney fees on top of what you still own on your loan for the car.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum