Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change of contract due to name change

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Change of contract due to name change Empty Change of contract due to name change Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:04 am

baboykanding

Arresto Menor

Our company changed its name since our manager said there are new business partners. Another reason,we were just an online ESL company but now the company will be conducting offline classes. Now here’s my query, our previous contract goes like this: we have the same basic pay for all employees (new and old); one of the incentives is longevity bonus (this is understandable that old employees will receive higher bonus than us 'new employees' because of their number of years in the company). In our new contract, they removed the longevity bonus but they increased the basic pay to those employees who have worked in the company for more than 1 year based from the longevity bonus they got from the previous contract. So basically, in our new contract, we have different basic pay but we also have different incentives (I’m not sure if they are called incentives).
There is a clause in our new contract (called “basic pay add-ons) that our basic pay will increase. For employees who worked in the company for less than a year, our basic pay will increase 500 Php once every year but for those employees who worked in the company for more than a year, their basic pay will increase 500 Php once every 6 months or 1k Php every year. Is this fair for us? Does it justify that the old teachers will have better add-ons because they worked in the company for a long time compared to the new teachers?
Nagdadalawang isip ako na magtanong sa HR kasi im almost 100% sure na ang isasagot nya ay ‘mas matagal na sila nagtrabaho compared sa amin mga baguhan kaya magkaiba ang kontrata namin’
In conclusion, they removed the longevity bonus but they increased the basic pay. Now, we, the new teachers, have less basic pay than the old teachers and after 1 year their salary will increase more than us.

and also one more thing, is it one of the duties of the employer to give us a copy of our contract or not?

Need help guys so that I will know what questions to ask our HR.

2Change of contract due to name change Empty Re: Change of contract due to name change Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:40 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Basta hindi binabawasan yang sweldo nyo, binago man o hindi yung sweldo nag iba, ito ay FAIR. Kung binago lahat o ibang Salary Structure ng mga empleyado ito ay LEGAL kasi ito ay Management Prerogative.

Hindi duty ng isang employer and magbigay ng copy ng employment contract. Pero hindi pwedeng hindi magbigay ng kopya ang employer kung HUMINGHI ng contract ang empleyado.

3Change of contract due to name change Empty Re: Change of contract due to name change Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:47 am

baboykanding

Arresto Menor

di naman nabasawan ang sahod namin, naisip ko rin ang management prerogative pero parang unfair para sa aming mga baguhan yung basic pay add-ons. although it's just 500 pesos, malaki laki na rin yan. anyway thanks sa sagot and that just confirmed most of my speculations.

4Change of contract due to name change Empty Re: Change of contract due to name change Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:52 am

baboykanding

Arresto Menor

HrDude wrote:
Hindi duty ng isang employer and magbigay ng copy ng employment contract. Pero hindi pwedeng hindi magbigay ng kopya ang employer kung HUMINGHI ng contract ang empleyado.

so kung hihingi ako, pwede nila akong bigyan at dalhin ko ito kahit saan? nung nagtanong kasi ako 1 time sabi ng HR naming pwede ko lang daw tingnan ang contract kung gusto kong basahin ulit pero di nila ako bibigyan ng copy baka daw may ibang makabasa ng kontrata.

5Change of contract due to name change Empty Re: Change of contract due to name change Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:06 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

My itinatago ba sila na hindi dapat makita ng ibang tao? Hindi sa lahat ng pagkakataon ay pwedeng ipasok yang "confidentiality" na yan.

6Change of contract due to name change Empty Re: Change of contract due to name change Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:44 pm

baboykanding

Arresto Menor

HrDude wrote:My itinatago ba sila na hindi dapat makita ng ibang tao? Hindi sa lahat ng pagkakataon ay pwedeng ipasok yang "confidentiality" na yan.

yan ang hindi ko alam.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum