Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Company Training Bond

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bond - Company Training Bond Empty Company Training Bond Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:43 pm

user59

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon,

Can I ask an advice or confirmation for my case below:

I am currently working in a company for 3 years,
Last year I was sent abroad for training and I signed a contract
that states that we must pay a certain amount if we resign before the stated number of years.
I am planning on resigning now,
I am willing to pay the bond but can I do it in installment after resignation?
Will my employer allow that?

thank you.

2bond - Company Training Bond Empty Re: Company Training Bond Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:54 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Best people to answer that are in your company.

They may or may not allow installments - since some people don't actually pay.

Generally though any obligations become due and demandable immediately upon separation.

http://www.councilviews.com

3bond - Company Training Bond Empty Re: Company Training Bond Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:38 am

InPainDane

Arresto Menor

Hi, I also need help regarding the matters below:

These are included in my pre-employment contract.

Art VI
Training Agreement
6.1. The EMPLOYEE may be provided with necessary training and other skills-enhancement programs to ensure optimum performance and efficient service delivery. In such event, a separate Training Agreement shall be served to the EMPLOYEE. The Training Agreement specifies an Employment Agreement period corresponding to the total cost of the training and which requires the transfer of skills and knowledge. If so required by the Company.

6.2.2. In return for the Company providing the Training, the Employees shall sign a Training  Agreement, whereby in general the Employee shall, on successful completion of the Training, immediately continue employment for the Company for a guaranteed period of two (2) years (hereinafter referred to as the Bond Period) from the first working day upon completion of the training.

6.2.3. In the event that the Employee decides to leave during the Bond Period, the Employee agrees to re-pay the Company all the expenses incurred by the latter by reason of the training. It is understood that the amount to be reimbursed shall be pro-rated to the remainder of the Bond Period.

6.2.3. In addition to the consequences imposed by clause 11.2, the Employee agrees to pay the Company the amount of Two HUndred Thousand Pesos (200,000.00) as and by way of liquidated damages, without prejudice to any legal measure which the Company may take for breach of this Clause. This article shall be governed by the Company's Training Policy.

My Scenario:

1. I didn't sign a separate training agreement.
2. I'm on my 6th month already.
3. I am planning to resign due to health reason.
4. Lastly, our training are still on going and there are no real work to do. Most of the time we're doing nothing.
5. Training Policy was not discuss to us.

Questions:
1. Is there a real training bond included in the contract?
2. If I resign, will the company can still insist the bond?
3. Can I resign immediately since we're not doing anything in the office?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum