Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHILD SUPPORT FROM FATHER WITH KIDNEY DISEASE

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

olet.maileg

Arresto Menor

I am planning to file a child support case to the father of my child. We were not married but my child uses the family name of her father. However, the father of my child has chronic kidney disease. He has been undergoing dialysis and medications since last year but he is still employed. He keeps on telling me that he cannot give support due to his illness but I have known lately that he has applied for a postpaid mobile plan and has even chosen an iPhone 5S for his new phone so I really don't believe that he has no extra funds to support our daughter. My question now is, is there a big chance that we will be able to get financial support from him despite his reason of having a kidney disease? Will it be worth the effort to file a case against him? I am worried that the court might take his side because I am the "more able" individual.

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

If he is not providing any support at all, then send him your official demand for financial support. If he remains the same, seek an attorney to file a case against him and let the court decide on it.

He has obligations to provide. If he is unable to do that and can prove that in court then his nearest kin, his parents or iblings are second in line to do that for him. The court would decide. Most likely court case would favor your end for his non-support.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum