Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

FATHER REFUSED TO SIGN THE AFFIDAVIT OF UNDERTAKING FOR CHILD SUPPORT AND FATHER'S PATERNITY

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

nitz

Arresto Menor

Good day attorney,

The father of my child is married but no children yet. On my first trimester pregnancy I had been bleeding. I asked the help of the father for prenatal expenses. His text messages were saved on my handy phone and email that he acknowledge the child as his and he will support the baby and my delivery. He deposited the money into my bank account. Later, we have conflicts and threatened not to support the baby anymore and deny it. I email him to write a Letter of Support but he refused. I returned the money what he gave because we don’t have any written agreement only verbal agreement.

We went to Philippines Embassy to make the AFFIDAVIT OF UNDERTAKING. The Consultant Asst. put amount of P 20,000.00 for monthly support with computations of how much the child needs which includes dwelling, commodities, nanny, and health care. The father did not agree that amount. He said he will only give P 18,000.00 per month. He did not sign the Affidavit.

The following day I called the Embassy and informed them that it’s ok with me if the father will give P18,000.00 and I am willing to accept non-cash support. The father was scheduled for DNA Testing last Wednesday and I asked him to go back to Embassy to revise the AFFIDAVIT and sign. He just said yes. This afternoon, I called the Embassy and I found out that He did not sign the AFFIDAVIT. According to the Consular Asst. the father gave too many reasons. Like, where he will get that amount if he will go home in the Philippines. Now, it’s really obvious the reason why he don’t want to sign the AFFIDAVIT so that he will not give any support to our child and the expenses incurred during my pregnancy. The expenses are too big and he don’t know where to get the money, but I already informed him before to save money for my prenatal and delivery.

The Consular Asst. advised me that we need to finalize the AFFIDAVIT. I already talk with the father of my child today. He said that he will not sign it and he don’t agree anymore with P18,000.00 for the reason that he will be imprisoned if he cannot give that amount. All other reasons was already been discussed when we went to Embassy. I already told him before that the amount is in proportion to his salary abroad or his means of income in the Philippines. Still, he refused. My flight schedule is on August 2010 to Philippines. The reason why I want to have the AFFIDAVIT before my flight schedule because it's also stated there he acknowledge the child and his consent for Child's DNA Testing and when the results is conclusive he will right away give the support and replenish the expenses prior and during the child birth.

1) If he still refused to sign what should I do next? What case should I file in the Philippines? and Where? I already agreed with the amount that he said of P18,000 but then he himself refused to sign the affidavit.

2) Can I still reimbursed my maternity expenses as what he pledge if he will go home and he will say he don't have money?

3) I understand that if I go home in the Philippines I can no longer go after him or the court since he is not in jurisdiction of our country. If this case is filed at court can I ask for cancellation of his PASSPORT at DFA?

Thank you and more power!

attyLLL

you cannot force him to sign the affidavit, you can only try to persuade him.

again, if he refuses your remedy is to file a petition for filiation and support.

only after his acknowledgment or by proof of filiation in the court can you ask for support.

try to get an affidavit from the consular assistant of what happened.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

nitz

Arresto Menor

thank you attorney for the reply.

I understand that if I go home in the Philippines I can no longer go after him or the court since he is not in jurisdiction of our country.

1) Given all circumstances that he acknowledge the child or if the DNA TESTING results is conclusive but he failed to give the financial support for our child and if I will file a case of R.A 9262 can I ask for cancellation of his PASSPORT at DFA for Deportation?

2) The father of my child said that he will pay all the expenses for my prenatal and delivery but in bad faith since he did not sign the AFFIDAVIT. Can I file complaint in court against the father of my child and his wife as a mandatory party and his first degree family, in order to recover all my expenses for prenatal and delivery?

attyLLL

no, that is not a basis for cancellation of the passport. but if you file a criminal case, you can have him placed on the watchlist for a renewable period of 60 days and he will not be able to leave if he returns.

you must first pass the hurdle of filiation and prove he is the father of the child. you have no cause of action against his wife, only the father. but if he has no sufficient separate assets, you can levy against their conjugal assets.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum