Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can Probationary employee file an illegal dismissal case againts employer?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lrdusaran

Arresto Menor

Hi Sir,

May I asked if a probationary employee can file an "illegal dismissal" case towards its employer when the grounds for termination of contract are clearly defined and explained? For example, punctuality and behavior towards co-employees. The recommendation (end of contract) was explained in advance and prior to the end of contract.

Hope you can help us on this.

Thanks.

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

lrdusaran wrote:Hi Sir,

May I asked if a probationary employee can file an "illegal dismissal" case towards its employer when the grounds for termination of contract are clearly defined and explained? For example, punctuality and behavior towards co-employees. The recommendation (end of contract) was explained in advance and prior to the end of contract.

Hope you can help us on this.

Thanks.

YES, probationary employees can file a complaint of illegal dismissal. Probationary employees enjoy security of tenure during the period of probation and can only be terminated based on 'just and authorized causes' prescribed by the Labor Code and by following due process.

All employees CAN file a complaint but do they have a cause of action? That is for the courts to decide.

You stated 'termination of contract', employment contracts can only be shortened, extended, renewed, ended or rescinded.

I assume you mean 'termination of employment'. If so, as long as the employee/s received a copy of the rules and regulations of the company, they are then bound by it and they can be terminated based on just and authorized causes and by following due process.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum