Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

can an employer counter - file a case against an employee?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

marky14

Arresto Menor

hi HR practitioners, I'm just curious regarding this matter. puro nababasa ko po kasi dito sa forums eh employees filing a case against employers.

is there any case na nag counter - file yung employer against the employee? possible po ba yun if napatunayan na yung termination is valid?

thank you.

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Marky,

Based on my experience, the company do not bother to file against an employee once the termination is proven to be valid. Not unless there is a big amount the company wants to claim from the employee. Like in the case to my fellow HR whose employee stole almost 1M. The employee filed for illegal dismissal and the company filed for estafa. In the end, the employee was made to pay for the lost amount.

HR Adviser

jd888

Yes, the employer may do so by all means.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

Atty.Melki

Arresto Mayor

In my experience, you may include your counter-charges in your reply or rejoinder, such as failure to surrender company property, etc.

I have also filed criminal charges (as appropriate) after the termination of a labor case.

http://www.jimenolaw.com.ph/mlm.html

marky14

Arresto Menor

thanks sir. what if for example yung employee was terminated due to awol and nag file siya ng illegal dismissal. then, na - prove na valid yung termination ng employer.

ano kayang pwedeng counter file ng employer sa kanya? hindi po ako to ah. hehe. yung sa dati kasi naming employer daming problema kaya yung iba umalis na lang.

marky14

Arresto Menor

anyone na makakatulong po? para masabihan ko rin po yung dating officemates ko kung ano magiging implications ng pag file nila. tnx.

CharlesI.

Arresto Menor

pag kaganun usually dismissed yung kaso kasi napatunayan na valid yung pagterminate ng company sa employee. usually nde na nagsasampa ng counter case pa ang kumpanya sa emplyedo kasi gastos lang yun for the company. Pero kung magsasampa ng kaso ang pwedeng isampa ng company sa employedo is damage to company image or reputation lalo na kung malaking eskandalo yung ginawang pagsampa ng kaso ng emplyedo sa company na naapektuhan yung operations and image nila sa clients nila pwede silang magclaim ng ganun pero as experience kung nde naman ganun kalaking epekto sa company at napatunayang legal ang ginawang proseso ng kumpanya eh pinapabaan nalang hindi na nagsasampa ng couter case ang company sa employee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum