Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Car Loan with threat of Repossession

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Car Loan with threat of Repossession Empty Car Loan with threat of Repossession Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:57 pm

aguasegura

Arresto Menor

Hi. I have an existing car loan with PSBank. As of Sept 2015, I was one month behind on my monthly amortization. By Oct 2015, I could only make a partial payment. No payment was made in November and by December, the bank refused to accept a partial payment. By January 2016, I initiated a correspondence with the bank asking to restructure the loan to which they said no. By March 2016, the loan matured. By my calculation, I owe the bank about Ps 89,000 excluding interests on delayed payments. I promised the bank that I will pay by Apr 15, 2016. Now, I asked the bank if they can allow us to pay only the balance on the principal and waive the interest. By now, the 89,000 has grown to 117,000. They are only giving me a ten thousand discount which means I need to pay 107,000 or an additional 18,000 for being late in closing out the loan by about one month and a half.

Given this situation, can the bank still repossess my car despite me having already paid a little over 900,000 over 4 1/2 years on a car that costs only 800,000 in cash? Can they also repossess even though we are showing and have already offered to pay the balance just minus any interests on late payment?

thanks

2Car Loan with threat of Repossession Empty Re: Car Loan with threat of Repossession Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:14 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

You need to check your agreement with the bank. If yan ang naskabi dun sa car loan agreement you may have a hard time arguing to the contrary

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum