Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Contract inquiry , breach of contract??

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Contract inquiry , breach of contract?? Empty Contract inquiry , breach of contract?? Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:47 pm

BudoyxD

Arresto Menor

I Signed a Contract but my start date is on april 18 however recently I received a better deal from other company. My concern is that the first company does have 10 k penalty for not rendering , Is it possible that I'll be penalized for that if I'll accept and sign the better offer ?

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, especially if you were made aware of that stipulation and such was explained to you properly. Moreover, you did sign the contract with your current employer, and such contract is presumed to be done in good faith unless there is clear and convincing proof that shows otherwise.

Review the contract details again just to be sure, pero para safe, you cannot renege on your signed contract if you don't want to be sued for a civil case of breach of contract.

BudoyxD

Arresto Menor

Kahit po di pa ko naoorient for new hire employment or the start date is 1 week pa po?

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

BudoyxD wrote:Kahit po di pa ko naoorient for new hire employment or the start date is 1 week pa po?

Yes. The contract is deemed effective upon the meeting of the minds, so nung nagkasundo na yung parties, effective na yung contract and binding na. Mas lalo pang effective ito kapag nagkapirmahan na.

Starting dates are just terms of the contract, and is not considered the start of the contract.

You may be held liable by a competent court for breach of contract, if there will be litigation. Try to seek free legal advice from the Public Attorney's Office in case you want to know more about your legal options.

BudoyxD

Arresto Menor

I see salamat po Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum