Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adoption (Informal)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1adoption - Adoption (Informal) Empty Adoption (Informal) Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:00 pm

jeangabriel

Arresto Menor

My wife and I really would like to have a baby and we're having hard time to have one. Our close relatives know a pair (their friends) that delivered fraternal twins three months ago. They offered us the baby girl for adoption because they can no longer afford two more heads to feed (which I read is not enough reason for adoption) and said they only need PhP 10K for it.

How do we proceed with this? We really wanted to have a baby and at the same time help them with their needs. I am really anxious at the legal issues concerning this.

Thank you in advance.

2adoption - Adoption (Informal) Empty Re: Adoption (Informal) Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:41 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

You must undergo legal adoption and get the written consent of both parents, with the participation of the DSWD. This is to ensure that you will not face any problems/difficulties later on when it comes to the documentation of the child.

Please note that some people write their names as the real parents of a child on the birth certificate. However, this is a criminal act, punishable under Philippine law. Also, if you do this, if the time comes and someone questions the status of the child, the child will not inherit anything from you because the child is not legally adopted.

Hence, the best option for you and your wife is to undergo domestic adoption.

Regards,

Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum