Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 Employees in a relationship, employer not informed

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lab4236

Arresto Menor

An employee asked could her friend apply for a position we had vacant, we interviewed her female friend and took her on.
We now find out they are in a romantic relationship, which causes a conflict, because they both work as cashier / checker and both handling cash. They have not informed us that they are in a relationship, but other staff are aware of the fact.
Now one of them is causing problems for us, changing her day off to be her partner, taking time off unauthorized, having a bad attitude to her supervisor,refusing to sign a warning letter issued to her,do we still have to go through the process to dismiss her,or both.

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Of course, all employees have the right to due process. What I would suggest you do is to document every infraction that the employee commits. Follow the necessary procedure (NTEs and Decisions). That way, when his/her infractions reach the limit (termination), you have legal bases to dismiss him/her.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum