Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Certificate of Employment and Clearance Form

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jencoronel

Arresto Menor

Hello Atty;

I would like to ask how long will take for an employer to issue certificate of employment? and what would be the requirements for them to issue it to me? I am targeting to get my certificate of employment until November 14, 2015 but manager is keep on pending my clearance though I have been cleared by my supervisor whom I directly reported to.

Thanks to anyone who can answer. I badly need my COE as required by my succeeding employer.

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

There is no definite rule on the issuance of a COE but an employer cannot absolutely control the period of the issuance of a COE. Some employers give the same before clearance and some after. I suggest that you write a letter to your manager COE. If really cleared of all accountabilities and there are no more reasons not to issue your COE, write a letter to your manager or to your HR Department demanding the release of your COE. Include therein the fact that you are already cleared of all accountabilities (attach evidence/s if needed) and include therein that if they will not release the same within a given date, you will be "forced to exercise legal remedies to enforce your right to your COE". If still not given after your preferred period, you may file a complaint with the DOLE.

Good Luck.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum