Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Terminated Contract: Legal or NOT legal?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

zheille

Arresto Menor

Our Employer just terminated our contract due to an unaccomplished precondition. The said precondition was for us to be a full-fledged Master Degree holder by the end of school year 2015-2016. We have already finished the Academic Requirements and passed the Comprehensive exams.

Currently, we are preparing for our Title Defense (Thesis). The Institution told us that they believe we will not be able to finish our Master's Degree before March 2016 and ,thus, decided to terminate our contract effective October 30, 2015 (they just informed us today, Oct. 22, 2015). Do we have a case here? Are there any provision in law specifically in the labor code that is being violated? please help us. thank you!

Last edited by zheille on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

I think not.

That was a clear condition, not illegal per se, and perhaps a requirement of your job.

http://www.councilviews.com

zheille

Arresto Menor

even if our deadline to accomplish the said precondition is five months from now pa sir? They didn't even send us notice  or memo... We also have this co-employee, who has the same contract with us, same date of hiring din, who just recently  enrolled her masters degree last June 2015 but she was not told that she is terminated. If they believe we will not be able to finish graduate school on March 2015, how much more for that co-employee of us? And how unfair is that? Actually the said precondition was not written in the contract, however last year 2014 they sent us "Reminder" that by the end of school year 2015-2016 we should be full-fledged Master holder.

attyLLL

get a certification from your registrar that it is possible to finish the degree by that date. in which case, i believe this would be illegal termination.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum