Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Starting a business

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Starting a business Empty Starting a business Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:54 pm

atoz

Arresto Menor

Hi!

I'm starting a business (sole proprietorship).  From what I gather, the process is:

1. Register the business name with DTI
2. Obtain barangay clerance/permit
3. Obtain city permits (mayor's, sanitary, BFP)
4. Apply for certificate of registration at the BIR
5. Renovate business site

However on #2, the barangay official told to get my the site renovated first (step #5) because they need to inspect it.  Now, with this policy, it would take a while before I can open my business (renovating the site would take at least 3 weeks).  My question is: is this actual policy?

If it is, then it's not entrepreneur-friendly.  On my part, I would have to wait idly for the site to finish before I can work on getting my papers in order.

Regards,
Atoz

2Starting a business Empty Re: Starting a business Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Well. Such policy can each municipaly/baranggay decide some themselves, I suppouse.
The Philippines isn't entrepreneaur friendly. It has been SEXTEEN steps to register a business !!! (some reduced now). In my home country it's TWO steps and they can be done by just SENDING the form in a letter and the fee, NOT need to go anywhere...

But Phils have improved it some. Are you applying for BMBE (=Baranggay Micro Business Enterprice)? If you fullfil the demands, that's much better because for instance such has no INCOME tax for the owner.

3Starting a business Empty Re: Starting a business Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:10 am

atoz

Arresto Menor

Hi, Lunkan.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Yes, I heard that it's much "easier" to start a business now. I hope it improves further.

By the way, if you don't mind, may I know where your country is?

Regards,
Atoz

4Starting a business Empty Re: Starting a business Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:09 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi.
Remember to try to start a BMBE business if you fullfil the demands.
For other types of business, the only easier now than earlier is SOME regions have put most of the steps in same building.

I'm from Sweden.

5Starting a business Empty Re: Starting a business Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:21 pm

atoz

Arresto Menor

Hi, Lunkan.

Yes, I'm considering applying for BMBE.  And, thanks for telling me about it.  It's funny that a swedish guy is more knowledgeable about the business scene in the Philippines than a Filipino.

Hope you're enjoying your stay.

Regards,
Atoz

6Starting a business Empty Re: Starting a business Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

atoz wrote:Hi, Lunkan.
Yes, I'm considering applying for BMBE.  And, thanks for telling me about it.  It's funny that a swedish guy is more knowledgeable about the business scene in the Philippines than a Filipino.

Hope you're enjoying your stay.
Regards,
Atoz
Hi.
I have studied the Philippines over two years now (laws, culture, geography, business ideas...) Preparing to start new business in the Philippines myself.

I haven't moved to the Philippines yet Smile but I will move as soon as I can because of an injury.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum