Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CBA benefits

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CBA benefits Empty CBA benefits Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:55 am

Comixster15

Arresto Menor

Just a question.

May an employee, who is not a union member but is part of the bargaining unit represented by the union, refuse to receive the benefits provided in the CBA?

If yes, would know the legal basis for this. Thank You.

2CBA benefits Empty Re: CBA benefits Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:19 pm

attyLLL

refuse?? but why?

the company is obligated to give him the benefits. the employee can just refuse to take advantage of it, but he employer cannot accept if it is given back.

many charities willing to accept.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3CBA benefits Empty Re: CBA benefits Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Comixster15

Arresto Menor

thanks for the response. Just to clarify, let's say, hypothetically, that they don't want to pay any contributions to the union. I remember that employees, who are part of a bargaining unit but not members of a union, are still allowed to receive the benefits in the CBA. The union, however, may require them to pay agency fees.

So, is it possible not to receive the benefits so they don't have to pay any agency fees to the union.

4CBA benefits Empty Re: CBA benefits Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:15 am

attyLLL

now that is another matter, the only case where that was allowed was due to religious beliefs. INC members who didn't want to join the union. the union has the right to collect the butaw. this is one situation where i would recommend to let go of whatever it is you hate about the union; don't fight them; join em.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5CBA benefits Empty Re: CBA benefits Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Comixster15

Arresto Menor

okay, thank you

6CBA benefits Empty Re: CBA benefits Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:12 am

legalmind78

Arresto Menor

are non-members of union entitled to the benefits granted in the CBA even they are not paying agency fees? ty

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum