Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Expat in the PH - 9G visa - training bond - seeking advice from a Philipino lawyer

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

slat1972

Arresto Menor

Good day and thanks for accepting me on this forum.

I am an expat and i have been offered a job in the Philippines by a local Company (air transport).
I have a question since i cannot find any reference on the internet.

I am supposed to work with a 9G visa (pre arranged employment), however, the Company asked me to pay the expenses to obtain the visa (which costs around 25k php) including all the expenses related to the validation of my foreign flight license with the local civil aviation authority.
Is it legal? Shouldn't the Company pay for all that like it happens in Europe or the US?

Moreover, i have been informed about a training bond to sign, which is absolutely not reasonable compared to the real price of the training i am supposed to undergo (i am talking about millions of php). This bond is linked to the job offer, if i don't sign it i will get no job.

Before signing anything i would like to receive advice from you guys, some things in the papers i have been given are really not clear at all.
I heard of a colleague working for the same outfit who was not regularized for more than 16 months, is it legal as well?
I would not like to find myself in some unknown territories...

Any suggestion is highly appreciated, feel free to pm i gladly would like to get in touch with a local lawyer.

Thanks and best regards.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Do you have a copy of the contract?

PM me.

Generally they shouldn't be asking you to pay the expenses upfront.

http://www.councilviews.com

slat1972

Arresto Menor

Yes they clearly said that visa and license validation will be on my shoulders. And i am supposed to do everything via their related agencies. Weird.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

slat1972 wrote:Yes they clearly said that visa and license validation will be on my shoulders. And i am supposed to do everything via their related agencies. Weird.

Then they might not be above board. If they want you, then they should attend to all of the requirements.

slat1972

Arresto Menor

Thanks Council,

yes, i think something is not correct here...
Funny thing is that i sent 2 emails to the DOLE and to BOI.
BOI asked me to write to DOLE for clarification.
DOLE asked me to write to BOI for clarification.

I think no one knows here what an employer should do when hiring an expat, or they dont want to tell...

Truly sad, my girlfriend is filipina and i was looking forward to reunite with her, but if these are the conditions i think i will give up...

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Do you have documentation from the said employer that you should present to the embassy when you apply for a working visa?

slat1972

Arresto Menor

I have everything, i am supposed to process everything through an agency linked to the company but i am not going to do that.
If they want me they provide everything otherwise bye bye.

That is absurd my friend.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

That's a good precautionary measure.

slat1972

Arresto Menor

Yeah. Moreover the bond they ask to sign is absolutely incredible given the fact that the company is not directly paying for the training.
Weird weird...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum