Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Support for foreigner husband, who abandoned his wife more than 2 years ago.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

foreigner

Arresto Menor

Hi, I have a friend, her foreigner husband left her more than 2 years ago. Since that time he's living with his mistress. He receives a high pension from US. Now he's in hospital and want her to pay his operation at the heart.
Almost a year ago he sent her already prepared divorce papers to sign, which she never signed.
Could he charge her to pay the hospital bills, even she doesn't have any income?
If yes, what she can do to avoid that, since he never cared for her after separation?

Filia

Filia
Reclusion Perpetua

Personal debts incurred by the husband (which does not redound to the benefit of the family) shall not be borne by the wife nor by the conjugal property but only to the share of the husband to net fruits of their conjugal property.

foreigner

Arresto Menor

Does it mean, since that would be for a heart operation, which surely is extremely expensive, my friend can't be charged for that?

Filia

Filia
Reclusion Perpetua

Personally no. In law, husbands and wives are separate individuals. Utang ng isa ang utang nya. Di mapipilit ang isang asawa na bayaran. Kaya nga lang kung may property sila na pag-aari nilang dalawa, pwede dun kunin. (Ang nangyayari lang kasi sa atin ay base sa tradisyon na kapag kinasal eh iisang tao na lang sila.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum