Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima

+8
geomelconcepcion
ADG
Ewika
karensasuman79
lovegador
S2S
kalabukab
mrsdelantar
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:05 pm

S2S

Arresto Menor

Hi ADG

I bought mine 2011. How much did you get it and for how many years?
From what I know the gross price from the time I bought until now has not changed. Considering the 4 members I had met and whose agreement I've checked thus far.

They've only offered discounts based on the gross rate depending on how much you the buyer is willing to pay for it for Club Ultima agent to close the sale. In my observation, the tier of the discount keeps getting less lang as time goes, but the gross price had remained the same.

Also, I was informed by a friend in Cebu that Club Ultima's product offered in Cebu is a bit different from what was offered to Manila.

And yes the agent who sold it to me told me the same. Coz this part I asked and made sure.
The agent said their office will buy it back or help me sell at the current price in case I don't want it anymore.

In 2016 I called and wrote the membership office here in Manila and Alice Cabaddu (Membership Manager) also gave me the same answer as yours, that they cannot help sell my membership package because of inventories they have (which will in fact never run out for as long as all their hotels are there).

With this said, since I have nothing in writing that supported the promise and my understanding. I had accepted that this part, I have no fight.

One thing that agent told you / your understanding of what you have purchased is not true, that it's a form of investment. Can you check the Reservation Application form you signed #7.4. That is if we have the same paper.

You can only compel them to buy back your membership if you have a written agreement signed by both sides from the start.

If this doesn't work, perhaps you have other complaint that's valid and where you have a better fight?

27Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:02 pm

geomelconcepcion

Arresto Menor

hi everyone! i also availed their membership last november 2017 and i want to cancel as well. anyone who can help a guy here Smile thanks!

28Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:45 pm

S2S

Arresto Menor

Hi Geomelconcepcion,

I accepted your request already.

What is your reason to cancel? Are you based in Manila? How much had you already paid?

DTI does not facilitate change of mind when it comes to purchases. The only way to be accommodated is having a valid reason where Club Ultima has a fault. Even with that, Club Ultima will also not give in that easily without a fight.

29Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:10 pm

b0b8484

Arresto Menor

hello,

i'm glad i found this site. i will cancel my membership and i will take my money back. i signed up last march 2015. i'm still paying for it but i have no plans to continue at all. i just want my refund. that annual fee is very unreasonable.

30Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:11 am

S2S

Arresto Menor

Dear b0b8484,

DO NOT cancel. Because you will NOT BE ABLE to get your money back. The agreement you signed has an ALL payment forfeiture clause. ULTIMA will not return it that easily if you had read all the above. You do not have a chance if you just cancel. You can request for stop payment (for the meantime, normally a max of 6 months only) if you are still paying for it.

Then submit a complaint letter to DTI as you read above, that should have a reason / unfairness / proven defect basis based on the consumer act. You have to argue out that reason first. Reminder that DTI does not entertain complaints only because you changed your mind with your purchase and heard other people complaining about it. That's not how it works.

If you do not go through the right moves, you will just lose everything.

31Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:42 pm

blueclouds

Arresto Menor

Hi S2S

any updates on your complaint?

I would like to file a complaint as well but is afraid of how tedious it would go about? I am actually on my last 2 years of trial pack membership (8 years). But was disappointed back in 2017 when they stopped Millenia Suites tie-up, and Crown Makati is not an option as it lacks amenities. It does not have swimming pool. The tie up was removed without notice, and no equivalent hotel provided and they only have Crown Regency Makati in Metro Manila.

I was only able to call on Aug 20 as I do not get any solution from them via email. I told my complaints and for them to have some settlement on this. I said to have my issue escalated.

I still have 12 unused vouchers dating back in 2016 (5) and 2017 (6) and I asked validity, contact center said I can use until membership expiration + 2 yrs.

Aug 21 I sent booking request for Crown Regency Cebu which I would have my aunt use instead of forfeiting the voucher.

Aug 22 I received an email that I cannot book unless I paid the increased annual fee of Php13920 (more than 100% of increase from Php6720) which was not advised via contact center when I called. I have informed contact center that I would not want to pay the annual fee anymore because I still have 12 unused vouchers because they cant provide any other hotel option in Metro Manila and I am unable to travel out of manila. Thus why should I get more vouchers that I cannot use because of their inefficient customer service. I also dont remember having the disclaimer in the contract that they have the right to increase at anytime.

It is unfair for them to hold off the use of 12 vouchers which I have paid already in previous years.

32Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:29 pm

S2S

Arresto Menor

Dear Blueclouds,

My result hasn't come out yet.

Yes I've learned from someone that they are using pressure to pay the increase now with advance PDCs or auto debit enrollment through credit card, to the extent of not allowing even your past and paid vouchers to be used for bookings.

I agree with you that it's unfair. Though they are not budging even when they are receiving numerous customer complaints.

With how they have not improved in dealing with the situation, I don't think you will be able to use even your last 2 years and your past voucher.

Filing the complaint will take time for you to write one and prepare supporting documents, as well as time element of waiting for results.

I think it's best that we speak to discuss if you are seriously considering this.

33Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:25 am

S2S

Arresto Menor

Here's providing update for all readers.

Ewika (complainant) bought hers 2017. After reaching 80K+ in payment, she was informed she can already pay the annual maintenance to avail her 1st night. But it was no longer the P6720 but the increased price.

So she filed the complaint with DTI. Ultima did not settle with her and was even no show in the 2nd mediation, as well as in the clarification meeting with adjudication where they were supposed to ask how they came up with the amount for the increase.

She proceeded to file for adjudication. Yesterday her results came out.
DTI disregarded her complaint on pressure selling, that it was false to be 5 star, since she is yet to avail her first year usage. Saying she had offered no substantial proof. Her claims for violation of Article 50 of Consumer Act was disregarded.

But for Article 52, the result was affirmative on unfair practice before, during or after the transaction.
Since the 30% payment was completed Nov 17, 2017. From there, it was late billing by Ultima for the annual maintenance to which they could not prove the statement was sent.

For the increase in Annual Maintenance, while Ultima claimed they sent out a memo to all, they could no proof was provided by Ultima for the 100% increase. This was ruled as violation of Article 52.

For the refund request, the increase was not found a valid ground.

Thus partly granting the complaint. Club Ultima to pay an Admin Fine of P60,000 to DTI for violation on deceptive, unfair and unconsionable act/practice. And to issue the 7 night coupon upon payment of P6720.

With ending note that -
This Decision shall serve as a warning that a more severe penalty shall be imposed should a similar violation is committed by Ultima.

Thus this encourages every one out there to file your complaints with DTI.

For the result above, both parties can still file for Appeal. So it's still not the end yet.

34Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:08 pm

Ciao23

Arresto Menor

I’m having the same problem with their unreasonable increase in annual maintenance without giving any notifications. How can I join you?

35Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Ciao23

Arresto Menor

I’m having the same problem with their unreasonable increase in annual maintenance without giving any notifications. How can I join you?

36Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:52 pm

S2S

Arresto Menor

You will need to file a written complaint with DTI.

You can get the filing form here
https://www.dti.gov.ph/consumers/complaints

You can also send me a private message so I can check your complaint draft before you submit.

37Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:12 pm

sinositisya

Arresto Menor

I signed a contract as well last 2015, it was for 15 years and paid an initial downpayment of 10k. Same procedure of how they presented the idea of time share, we were okay and I am very willing to pay the remaining balance if not for the complaints I have read online after that night. I've been meaning to cancel my account, but don't know if its the right thing to do given the grace period for cancellation has already lapsed. I havent paid eversince that 10k and now letters are coming asking me to pay the remaining amount. I need to take action but I work abroad and only have few weeks in the Philippines. I need some expert advice regarding this. Thank you.

38Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:50 am

S2S

Arresto Menor

Dear sinositisya,

You are correct. Right now, if you bought it 2015 indeed the grace period for cancellation has already lapsed. If you have no personal issues with it then it's not wise to make a move this late based on complaints you read only.

Perhaps you should think it through what you really want to do, coz the answer cannot be found from other people given that you have no concrete issues.

39Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima - Page 2 Empty Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:59 pm

sinositisya

Arresto Menor

I know I have no concrete issues. This is just me preventing more issues. Why should I pay the full amount if I will end up with the problems you guys are now facing? I want the company to stop what they are doing wrong and provide quality service, then I can pay the full amount, so that ALL of us are going to enjoy the membership.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum