Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Validity of Memo by HRQ Manager on Optical Benefits (Cascaded Memo but suddenly suspended)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hcliwag

Arresto Menor

Good evening!
I would like to ask your assistance po regarding with what happened to us.
May 12 2015 the HRQ manager made an announcement/memo thru mail saying that we'll be having new medical benefits which is Optical. Meaning, we can reimburse our eyeglasses (should be prescribed) to the company. The Manager stated  there that we can reimburse up to Php25000.
We then availed after his announcement believing that it is valid and enforceable.
May 12 after work,we consulted an ophthalmologist/optometrist. In short, we availed the prescribed eyeglass of the ophtha. Other purchased it at 22000, other was 17000, and so on and so forth.
May 13 at about 1130am, The HRQ Manager sent another email saying that an eyegLasses availment is suspended.
They did not reimburse us. Our reimbursements were put on hold and he was telling us that we can make Cash advance to the company but it will be deducted from our salary.
My question now is aren't our purchase/availment of eyeglass is valid? We availed after the documented announcement but before the suspension date. We are also in good faith when we did that. We trust what he announced. May habol pa po ba kami?

I hope we can get answer. We are not expecting this. We understand that it is just priviledge to have medical allowances or reimbursement but we are also asking for the consideration. We hope for the clarification. We are thinking it's not fair na kami din po magbabayad ng binili namin while there was actually annoucement made. THANK YOU PO

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

di pa naman cancelled,
on hold lang,,
as u said, benefits,
not mandated by law, the management has the prerogative, to give,hold, or cancel, but of course, those already availed should be given.

hcliwag

Arresto Menor

27 po ang due date ng payable namin sa eyeglass pero we have no enough money to pay that in full.Actually, we used credit card for the eyeglass and yet no response is given by The HRQ Manager even her Boss (Avp HRq).
What is the best thing to do?can we oblige them to reimburse us?

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

you can pay first, and have the employer re-imburse later.
u can not force them now, else magkakasigalot kayo,
then at the end of the day, kayo lang lugi.

hcliwag

Arresto Menor

Kapag po nagbayad na kami,can we enforce them to reimburse the full amount?
What if hindi pa din po nila kami bigyan ng response?Tama ba na isalary deduct kami halimbawang Mag cash advance kami sa company? (We believe that our cash advance should not be salary deducted)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum